Sunday, April 27, 2014

Getting Picked Up By My Prom Date

This is all a joke and just goes to show you how small my world really is and how much of a terrible sense of humor my friends also have.

I was trolling my online matches recently and received an email that caused me to laugh until I cried.

You guys, the internet is trying to hook me up with my high school prom date.

For anyone who doesn't know, my high school prom date (henceforth known as HSPD) was, is, and will probably be one of my closest male friends. He's an asshole and I'm ok with this fact; it is why we are friends.

So by receiving this message, I find that he too has entered the cesspool of internet dating:
I feel like I should get some sort of award for being in SOMEONE ELSE'S dating profile photo (red arrow points toward half my face). Does that get me street cred? Does that at least get me a burrito? I could really go for a burrito right now.

I can't decide whether I am offended or ok with the fact that my HSPD and I are only 72% matched. But then maybe that is the correct percent for a buddy who once had to hold me down and dig a seven foot splinter out of my foot. Literally seven foot, I am in no way exaggerating this or how badly it hurt.

 I did just remember that I AM offended over the fact that he told me he would take me to dinner for my birthday, and that was in the neighborhood of seven months ago. I need to cash in on this meal.

Maybe I should change this blog to "Things I do for a Free Meal."

But yes. I get online to try to meet new people, and what do I get? I get home. It makes me laugh/smile/cringe.

I can't remember whether he and I made one of those dumb agreements in high school that if we're still single at 40 we'll just marry one another for the tax benefits. Well. 40's a whole lot closer than it used to be, and I could really use that tax return to fix my kitchen.

Internet lady readership, if you want to meet a nice upstanding fella, let me know. He's a good guy, other than the fact that he still owes me dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment